all i want is to rock your soul

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

silver words out of my mouth.

love doesn't come with a contract
you give me this, I give you that
it's scary business
your heart and soul is on the line
baby, why else would I be standin' 'round here
so tongue tied?
if I knew what I was doing
I'd be doing it right now
and I would be the best damn poet
silver words out of my mouth


i had a dream last night that i was standing on a rock. (see last post :)) so here i was. standing on a rock. waiting for you to release me. to give in. to give me what i desire most. because i wouldn't dare defy you. my legs ached and my mouth was dry. but i waited. i waited for you to see. for you to be proud. isn't that something. no. isn't that pathetic. and then i woke up. and i realized i am always going to think the grass is greener somewhere else. but.

i'm thinking that i might as well give it all i got. go big or go home. i'm thinking i should at least try. give you all i've got to give. because if i give up now ... i'm just a hypocrite. i need a new attitude. i will make this work. everything inside me says if i just give you what you want, you'll give me everything i didn't know i wanted. everything i didn't know i needed. i gotta have a little faith. and hope that desire will win out. that love is enough. that i am enough. no. that you are enough. and if we have something, or better yet, someone to live for, it will bring us together.

so. i guess i'm in. have a little faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home